Mascon Inc. is a fast-paced, multi-national Organization Headquartered in Woburn, MA. Mascon has been providing Strategic Supply Chain Services to US manufacturers for the past 37 years and is looking for a full time Logistics Strategist to join our Team. The Logistics Strategist will be responsible for logistics duties and analysis as assigned and will report to our Logistics Manager.
The Logistics Strategist is a key member of the Mascon Supply Chain Management team and is responsible for planning and coordinating product supply activities such as transportation optimization, cost saving to maximize inventory turns. Works with all customers forecast and vendor production schedule to ensure pull in and push out are meet inventory level and delivered accurately and timely to satisfy customer requirements. Provide world class customer service and logistical solutions.
This role requires able to deal with high level of ambiguity and complexity, anticipates potential risks, develops corresponding contingency plans, and can act proactively in order to support strategic and/or complex decisions. Influencing and negotiation skills are important for this role as interactions and buy-in from different stakeholders and decision makers are keys.
- Obtains, analyzes, and interprets supply chain relevant data and demand forecast from MRP and inventory report, working with sourcing team to determine how supply will meet demand by rescheduling shipment, switching transportation methods etc.
- Develop data-driven recommendations, using advanced analytics and quantitative techniques.
- Maintains a clean open order report to ensure purchases are processed and delivered on time and at competitive cost.
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma using methodology relying on collaborative team efforts to improve performance and removing non-productive waste.
- Proposed cost/benefits changes by analyzing performance, investigate problems, identify true root causes, and develop systemic solutions
- Provide comprehensive customer RFQ tracker with pivot table/slicer filtering across all projects.
- Make independent judgments and decisions based on analyzing and monitoring inventory levels to authorize volume purchases regarding inventory levels.
- Conduct supply chain analysis and identify improvements opportunities by assessing current processes/practices and collaborating with department leaders
- Accurately calculate production and in transit lead time to fulfill inventory requirements, reduce air freight cost and uninterrupted supply against customer demand to improve supply chain performance and cost savings.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the customer service, vendor, engineering and sourcing teams, facilitating communication between necessary parties and assisting with resolving high-priority, time-sensitive issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering / Supply Chain preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite as well as a working knowledge of other databases used to manage customer relationships such as ERP or CRM.
- Superior organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Proven problem-solving skills excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, positive, customer-centered attitude; ability to multi-task and show flexibility.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Be a team player in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong communication and information exchange experience with clients, origin offices, airlines, brokers, forwarders truckers etc.
Mascon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.