Mascon Inc., Woburn, MA has been providing strategic sourcing solutions throughout a broad range of industries for more than 35 years –that involves a variety of processes. It is now seeking a talented mechanical engineer to join our Engineering Team. https://www.mascon.com
The mechanical engineer will be responsible for supporting sales team and sourcing team to facilitate the global sourcing practice involving firearm parts. Required strength include but not limited to: solid knowledge base, effective analytical skills, reliable implementation, good communication skills through the whole organizations, experience with quality assurance systems. Experience with international vendors is a plus.
- Review, understand, analyze, interpret, and implement technical specifications and requirements.
- Review engineering drawing/model/sample and be able to fully envision its manufacturing, inspection and testing;
- Provide support to vendors to resolve technical difficulties;
- Establish inspection methods, acceptance criteria, sampling plan;
- Evaluate and report vendor capability and capacity to produce specific components;
- Establish and maintain a feedback mechanism with vendors and oversee the continuous improvement efforts with international vendors;
- Inspect and verify incoming parts, reports and certificates;
- Interpret, inspect and explain tolerances and technical requirements on drawings or technical documents;
- Implement quality standards. Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering (mechanical, manufacturing or industrial);
- Familiarity with engineering, design, manufacturing and quality of pistols, rifles, and shotguns;
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance;
- Ability to conduct inspection in accordance with First Article Inspection (AS9102), and PPAP;
- Review, edit or draft quality/engineering related paperwork, including but not limited to Non-conformance report, Corrective Action Report, inspection report, etc.
- Familiarity with ITAR, EAR, and other compliance regulations;
- Ability to work collaborate with multiple department and communicate clearly and effectively. Communicate with suppliers and customers in regarding to technical or quality issues, promptly and effectively;
- Familiarity with ERP systems;
- Proficiency with Solidworks;
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. ;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Be self-motivated, goal driven and can work with minimal supervision;
- Result oriented, properly prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects with strong project management skills;
- PR or US citizenship required;
- Speaking Chinese is a plus. Mascon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please send resumes to email@example.com