Mascon Inc. is a fast-paced, International organization located in Woburn, MA, Mascon has been providing Strategic Supply Chain Services throughout a broad range of industries for more than 35 years –that involves a variety of processes. It is now seeking a talented mechanical engineer to join our Engineering Team.
The mechanical engineer will be responsible for supporting sales team and sourcing team to facilitate the global sourcing practice involving firearm parts. Required strength include but not limited to: solid knowledge base, effective analytical skills, reliable implementation, good communication skills through the whole organizations, experience with quality assurance systems. Experience with international vendors is a plus.
- Review, understand, analyze, interpret, and implement technical specifications and requirement.
- Review engineering drawing/model/sample and be able to fully envision its manufacturing, inspection and testing;
- Provide support to vendors to resolve technical difficulties;
- Establish inspection methods, acceptance criteria, sampling plan;
- Evaluate and report vendor capability and capacity to produce specific components;
- Establish and maintain a feedback mechanism with vendors and oversees the continuous improvement effort with international vendors;
- Inspect and verify incoming parts, report and certificates;
- Interpret, inspect and explain tolerances and technical requirement on drawings or technical documents;
- Implement quality standards. Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering (mechanical, manufacturing or industrial);
- 3+ years work experience, 1+ year in the firearms industry;
- Familiarity with engineering, design, manufacturing and quality of pistols, rifles, and shotguns;
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance;
- Ability to conduct inspection in accordance with First Article Inspection (AS9102), and PPAP;
- Review, edit or draft quality/engineering related paperwork, including but not limited to Non-conformance report, Corrective Action Report, inspection report, etc.
- Familiarity with ITAR, EAR, and other compliance regulations;
- Ability to work collaborate with multiple department and communicate clearly and effectively. Communicate with suppliers and customers in regarding to technical or quality issues, promptly and effectively;
- Familiarity with ERP systems;
- Proficiency with Solidworks;
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. ;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Be self-motivated, goal driven and can work with minimal supervision;
- Result oriented, properly prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects with strong project management skills;
- PR or US citizenship required;
- Speaking Chinese is a plus. Mascon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please send resumes to email@example.com