Mascon Inc. is a fast-paced, international organization located in Woburn, MA. Mascon has been providing strategic Supply Chain Services to US manufacturers for more than 40 years –that involves a variety of processes. It is now seeking a talented quality assurance engineer to join our Engineering Team.
Job Description: Quality Assurance Engineer
The quality assurance engineer will be responsible for managing the quality assurance system and oversees the QC process at Mascon.
This position needs to have a solid understanding of quality assurance system involving sample inspection / approval, FAI, PPAP, logging and managing quality records and samples. Additionally, the quality assurance engineer at Mascon needs to work with aspects involving supply-chain and understands the prioritization and urgency management.
Required strength include but not limited to solid knowledge base, effective analytical skills, reliable implementation, good communication skills through the whole organizations, experience with quality assurance systems. Experience with international vendors is a plus.
- Review, understand, and analyze technical specifications and requirements.
- Understand engineering drawing and corresponding inspection methods.
- Establish inspection methods, acceptance criteria, sampling plan.
- Evaluate vendor capability and capacity to produce specific components.
- Inspect and verify incoming parts, report, and certificates.
- Interpret, inspect, and explain tolerances and technical requirement on drawings or technical documents.
- Implement quality standards.
- Provide accurate, timely report.
- Communicate with customers or suppliers for engineering/quality related discussion.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering (mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial).
- 2+ years’ work experience post undergraduate study.
- 1+ year work experience in the firearm industry is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- PR or US citizenship required.
- Strong knowledge with manufacturing and quality related work, including but not limited to:
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Ability to conduct inspection in accordance with First Article Inspection (AS9102), and PPAP.
- Experience with quality/engineering related paperwork, including but not limited to Non-conformance report, Corrective Action Report, inspection report, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including but not limited to:
- Ability to make effective disposition solution to quality related problems.
- Be self-motivated, goal driven and can work with minimal supervision.
- Result oriented, properly prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and projects with strong project management skills.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks is a plus.
- Familiarity with ERP systems is a plus.
- Ability to write and speaking Chinese is a plus.
Mascon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please send resumes to email@example.com